“Personalized Assistance for people out of work, considering new employment or looking to improve your existing career: Our workshops provide personalized, interactive activities to help you develop your job acquisition portfolio with assistance from our career coaches. You will be involved in exercises that will allow you to leave the workshop with personalized documents that will help you to achieve your career goals.
All Are Welcome – FREE of Charge: The Career Renewal Ministry is hosting job workshops on Thursdays to assist those in need of finding new work.
Two Methods of Support: We offer two levels of assistance in your job search – portfolio development and networking accountability. The portfolio development focuses on the following:
a) Establishing a thorough inventory of your experience/accomplishments,
b) Preparing situational statements and power stories
c) Improving your resume and other networking support tools
d) Establishing/refining your public profile and introduction speech
e) Interview preparation
f) Networking methods/techniques
Networking Accountability focuses on identifying networking opportunities, professional contacts/forums and industry connections along with establishing concrete action plans with measurable performance results. Our coaching helps to build accountability into the plans and support your weekly achievements.
Instruction Begins Every Thursday Evening at 7:00 p.m.: Please join us for our Mixers/Networking and Workshops.
* 1st Thursdays (Mixer/Networking) – Franciscan Room
* Other Thursdays (Networking/Workshops) – Classroom 7A
Join our Linkedin Group: Our group name is "Career Renewal Ministry" at www.linkedin.com.
Upcoming Events and Information
Guest Speaker and Networking Mixer (1st Thursday of each month)
Date: Thursday, May 4, at 7:00 p.m.
Location: Community Center at Sts. Simon & Jude Church, 20444 Magnolia St. Huntington Beach, CA 92646
Free Admission; Open to All: Please come if you are out of work, considering new employment or looking to improve your existing career. Bring handouts or business cards and BRING A FRIEND!
Structured Networking Mixer: Facilitator led mixer following the presentation allows you to make lots of new contacts.
“Become Like Vito” in your Job Search. Vito Excels in: Communication, Job Knowledge, Business Judgment, Performance presented by Val Schmidt, Life Coach, Career Mentor, Author, Confidence Trainer.
* Learn the 3 keys to getting the job you want
* Understand the value of a “business persona”
* Unlock “action steps” to become more visible
* Hear why you need to “focus your efforts”
* Discover how to introduce yourself in one sentence
Leave with New Networking Contacts and Next Steps for Success.
Job Seekers Workshop (2nd, 3rd & 4th Thursdays of each month)
Learn Professional Job Search and Career Development Skills: Our weekly workshops provide personalized assistance for people out of work, considering new employment or looking to improve their existing career. Attendees will learn from a “panel” of experts the key tools necessary for job search and career development success, including:
- Writing a resume that improves chances for an interview
- Learning networking tools that make you memorable
- Receiving real-time feedback on your job search and career development tools
The program is customized to your personal needs with an interactive format tailored to where you are in the job search or career development process.
Presentations, Worksheets and Handouts
- 0-Participant Intro
Part 1 – Overview of CRM
Part 2 – Job Search Focus
Part 3 - Job Search Methods
- A - Accomplishments
- B - Problem Action Result (PAR) Statements
- C - Power Stories
- D - Resume & Cover Letter
- E - Networking Biography and 2 Minute Elevator Speech
- F - Web Presence
- G - Interviewing
- H - Networking
- 0-Participant Intro
8 Steps to a New Job
- Step #1 - Decide What You Want Next
- Step #2 - Develop a Killer Resume
- Step #3 - Write and Rehearse your Public Profile
- Step #4 - Spend 2/3rds of your Time Networking
- Step #5 - Use Internet Resources 1 - 2 Hours Daily
- Step #6 - Send Resumes to Recruiters
- Step #7 - Prepare for Your Interview
- Step #8 - Be Accountable to God, Community, Family and Self
Guest Speaker Presentations:
- September 2, 2010 – Panel Discussion: “How Soft Skills Affect the Interview and Hiring Process”
- December 2, 2010 - Kimberly Roush, Founder of All-Star Executive Coaching: “Taking the ‘work’ out of networking”
- March 3, 2011 - John Hall, Instructor of Advanced Career Strategies at Brandman University in Irvine California: "Take Charge of Your Career or Someone Else Will". Click here to download John's handouts.
- April 7, 2001 - John Hall, Instructor of Advanced Career Strategies at Brandman University in Irvine California: "Be a Problem Solver -- Not Just Another Job Hunter". Click here to download John's handouts.
- May 5, 2011 - Ted Robison, LinkedIn Instructor for the Career Coaching & Counseling Ministries at Saddleback Church: "Maximizing your LinkedIn Profile"
- June 2, 2011 - Sven Johnston, founder of the 5,000 member Linkedin Group We Are Orange County!, "From Introvert to Master Connector"
- July 7, 2011 - Kimberly Roush, CCPC & CPA, All-Star Executive Coaching: “Capitalize on Your Proudest Moments to Determine Your Personal Brand”
- August 11, 2011 - Milt Dardis, Consultant and Recruiter: "Working with Recruiters and Bad Paper"
- September 1, 2011 - Debra Faris, Founder and Creator Costa Mesa Connectors: "Network In & Out of LinkedIn"
- October 6, 2011 - Al Batinga, Founder of Speak UP Speak OUT!: "Communication is not just A skill, it is THE skill "
- November 3, 2011 - Hank Blank, Blank and Associates: "How to Rise Above the Crowd "
- December 1, 2011 - Dr. Robert Adamik: "Turn Your Interview Into a Winner View"
- February 2, 2012 - Ela Kitchen: "CREDIT SCORING: What Affects YOUR Credit Score?"
- March 1, 2012 - Blair M. Nicol, CFE: Careers in Franchise Ownership: "Minimizing the Risks of Starting Your Own Business"
- April 12, 2012 - Tim Tyrell-Smith, creator of Tim’s Strategy: "It's Time To Get Serious About Your Job Search"
- May 3, 2012 - Darrell Gurney, Founder of CareerGuy.com: Handout for "Top 10 Command-Your-Career Resolutions to Take Back Your Power”
- August 9, 2012 - Edward Michael Coffin, LinkedIn Expert and Job Search Coach: "Find a Job Faster Using LinkedIn”
- November 1, 2012 - Debra Faris, LinkedIn Expert and Job Search Coach: "Network Like a Master with LinkedIn.”
- January 3, 2013 - John Hall CEO, President Advanced Career Strategies, presents: "4 Unique Strategies to Land a Job in 90 Days ”
- February 7, 2013 - Dr. Robert Adamik, DPA - Doctorate Public Administration, presents: "All Things Should FLOW in Your Life "
- April 4, 2013 - Joe Teske, Owner and Principal Advisor of Teske Financial Services, presents: "Managing Your Finances During Career Transition"
- March 5, 2014 - John Hazlin, Job Search Coach & Networking Guru presents: "Take Networking to the Next Level"
- July 10, 2014 - Bob Karcher, President of Upshot Consultants, a firm focused on coaching, consulting, and connecting leaders presents: "Discover, Develop, Demonstrate: Uncover Your Next Role in Life"
- October 9, 2014 - Joe Teske, Career Coach, Financial Architect, Tax Strategist, College Planner presents: "Turn up the Volume on Your Public Profile to Land that Next Job Faster”
- February 5, 2015 - John Hazlin, Job Search Coach & Networking Guru presents: "Make your Networking Efforts Payoff"
- November 5, 2015 - Robert Adamik, Doctorate Public Administration, President of Adamik Consulting Services presents: "How to Answer and Master the Dreaded HR Executive Level Behavioral Interview Questions"
- August 11, 2016 – Frank Reynolds, Project Management Consultant and Joe Teske, Career Coach, Financial Architect, College Planner present: "Many Streams Make a River-An Approach to Career Enrichment"
Mission: In the spirit of St. Francis, we bring the gospel directly to “the marketplace” through service to the unemployed and underemployed so they may see job search as a sacred journey.