Caring for the homebound, sick, dying and bereaved.
- by bringing Word and Eucharist to those who are homebound, hospitalized, and sick
- by being present for those who are dying
- by walking with the families who have lost a loved one
- by serving as liturgical ministers at our funeral services
Did you know that the Pastoral Care ministry
- has over 55 bereavement ministers?
- has over 62 pastoral care ministers?
- supports over 85 funeral celebrations each year?
- ministers to over 250 hospitalized and homebound each week?
Pastoral Care and Bereavement ministers undergo a discernment process to determine if they are called to this ministry. They undergo a formation process that provides theological, liturgical and pastoral formation so that they can serve those who come to our parish for help and support.
For Bereavement Ministry questions, please see our website under Funerals or contact Maureen O'Day, Director of Bereavement Ministry at (714) 962-3333.