In 2016, SSJ formed the Mission Engagement Center (MEC) to serve all parishioners and ministry leaders as we respond to our baptismal call to discipleship. MEC’s purpose is to help achieve the Parish goal: to inspire and invite all parishioners to live the Gospel and engage in the social mission work of the Church.
The Mission Engagement Center is a “virtual center” of specialized, volunteer teams that provide structure, processes and services to:
- * Foster and help coordinate parish-wide, mission-driven action - Engagement
- * Make effective use of Parish resources and encourage collaboration that maximizes impact
- * Ensure that ideas and plans align with Parish Values of Eucharist, Gospel, Hospitality and Stewardship, as well as with our Franciscan Charism of Justice, Peace and Care of Creation
- * Measure the outcomes of our actions to report impact and celebrate our progress - Stewardship
Invitation: If you have an idea you’d like to propose that furthers the social mission work of the Church, contact us. We’ll assist, as needed, with program planning, parish approval process, communications, impact evaluation and stewardship.
- * Social Action Team – Susan Kadota
- * Program Planning Facilitation Team – Bret Smith
- * Stewardship Activities Team – (position to be filled)
- Historian Team – Steven Sumpter
- New Parishioner Welcome – Cindy Hyink
- * Stewardship Communications – Linda Mesesan
- * Volunteer Coordinator – Louise Nakamine