Sts. Simon & Jude Catholic Church offers a wide variety of options for contributing to parish needs. The following reflects the various forms of contributions:
Weekly Parish Collection – There are several ways a parishioner/guest may contribute to the parish.
- Online payment: Sts. Simon & Jude is transitioning from an online payment system called ParishPay to an online payment system called WeShare. To sign up click on the WeShare link beginning Thursday, October 12, 2017. Online payments are our preferred approach. We encourage families to consider the paper and postage that is saved by donating electronically. To answer you questions about WeShare, please view our Frequently Asked Question document.
Note: ParishPay is transitioning all user data, scheduled recurring donations, and scheduled one-time donations to WeShare's online giving service. The transition begins Monday, October 9, 2017 at 5:00 am and is scheduled to be complete by the morning of Thursday, October 12. During the transition time all ParishPay online giving websites will be unavailable for website visitors. Website visitors will not be able to alter any existing scheduled donations or add any new scheduled donations at this time. All previously scheduled donations will occur as entered.
- Envelopes: provided on a monthly basis to active registered parishioners. These envelopes apply to each Sunday liturgy within a month as well as envelopes for contributions to the Society St. Vincent de Paul, special holy days, special holidays (Easter & Christmas) and designated second collections.
Pastoral Services Appeal
SSJ puts a priority on support of the PSA because so many schools, parishes and ministries in the diocese do not have the resources that we do. PSA ensures that the sacramental life and faith formation will continue at parishes/schools in struggling communities. PSA also finances ministry to the deaf, the incarcerated and formation/continuing education to our clergy, not to mention supporting organizations like Catholic Charities. To learn more about PSA, please click here to view a short video from the diocese.
This year’s campaign is titled, “Know, Love and Serve.” Those words capture the reason for our existence as children of God and, at the same time, underline our need to serve others as partners with God. PSA is an excellent way to express our love for God and neighbor by sharing our resources. Once we meet our parish PSA goal, all additional funds come back to SSJ.
If each one of our 3,900 parish families gives even a little to the PSA we will be able to care for our neighbor in need AND retire the debt on the parking lot project completed at SSJ. Thank you, in advance, if you are one of the approximately 600 families that faithfully gives each year. If you have never given before, please consider a gift this year to PSA in the name of Christ and of our brother, Francis of Assisi.
All PSA donations in excess of our $192,000 assessment will be used to reduce the outstanding project debt. Donations to the PSA may be made on line at the Orange Catholic Foundation website: https://orangecatholicfoundation.org/psa2017-donation/ or by returning a pledge card to the parish office.
- Parishioners can select to contribute to the parish through planned giving such as through a trust, will or stock. If you would like more information contact the Parish Office.
Shrines/Candles in Church
- The parish has two shrine areas in the church. Facing the altar, the shrine area to the left contains the statue of St. Anthony de Padua. The shrine area to the right contains the statue of St. Jude. Both shrine areas contain 7-day and 4-hour candles. A suggested donation: $5.00 for the 7-day candle and $1.00 for 4-hour candle.
- The parish offers a wide variety of Mass Cards which include sympathy, health and special intentions. Suggested donation is between $10.00 and $25.00. Come by the parish office to check out the selection of Mass cards.
- Additional information may be obtained by contacting the school office at (714) 962-4451.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS), the international outreach agency of the Catholic Church, assists impoverished and disadvantaged people overseas, working in the spirit of Catholic Social Teaching to promote the sacredness of human life and the dignity of the human person. Although their mission is rooted in the Catholic faith, their operations serve people based solely on need, regardless of their race, religion or ethnicity. Within the United States, CRS engages Catholics to live their faith in solidarity with the poor and suffering of the world.
You may send donations to Catholic Relief Services on-line at www.crs.org or you may send a check to the parish office and we will forward it on to Catholic Relief Services. Thank you for helping CRS fulfill its mission to “promote human development by responding to major emergencies, fighting disease and poverty, and nurturing peaceful and just societies.”
Photography by Cathy LaFever