This Jr. High Youth group is designed for youth in 7th and 8th grade. Youth come together to build new friendships and strengthen existing ones. Being a part of the Jr. High Youth Groups is wonderful preparation for when teens will be starting Confirmation and sharing their faith as freshmen and sophomores. Teens will experience "Fun, Faith and Service." Jr. High meets every Wednesday night (unless otherwise noted on the calendar) from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. from October to June, alternating Faith Nights, Fun Nights and Service Nights.
On Faith Nights facilitators lead small faith groups through cool activities and discussions that begin to move the faith of the teen beyond the elementary school basics.
Calendars for the next year will be available in September 2019.
To foster the faith of our 7th and 8th grade youth, our Jr. High Youth Group uses Catholic Connections by Saint Mary’s Press. Catholic Connections is an active, hands-on program that involves helping youth to make connections between their Catholic faith and their everyday lives. Connection to everyday life is essential in fostering the faith of adolescents. Catholic Connections is a comprehensive religious education program which strengthens the Catholic identity of the youth and inspires participating actively in the Church’s mission. Areas of study include:
- The Eucharist
- The Holy Spirit and the Church
- Jesus the Christ
- Christian Morality and Justice
- Sacraments and Prayer
- God, Revelation and Faith
The Jr. High Youth Groups connects through:
- Faith Nights: Using Catholic Connections and upcoming Sunday Gospel
- Fun Nights: Offer a safe environment for youth of this age to develop relationships with peers who share similar values and beliefs, as well as have age appropriate fun without any sort of computer screen.
- Service Nights: Listen to an inspirational speaker, followed by an act of service for our brothers and sisters in need.
Youth of this age are limited in their choice of places to safely be with their peers. Our mission is to foster an atmosphere of feeling Connected, Accepted and Loved.
To learn about Sts. Simon & Jude’s policies to protect our children and youth, please click here.