The parish is part of a Deanery group offering a 13-week program to support our brothers and sisters through the emotional pain of divorce and separation. Key challenges and unique family dynamics as a result of this unexpected journey will be addressed as well as a safe environment to share concerns and reconnect with understanding and a new hope. Open yourself up to experience healing and allow Jesus to restore your faith and renew your path.
Registration is required and includes book, journal, daily devotional and drop-in format for all groups throughout the diocese. Donation is $35.00 to register. Registration will also be open on the first night.
The 13-week program consists of the following topics:
* Why Did God Allow This To Happen?
* Anger with Our Spouses, Ourselves, and God
* Praying in Times of Distress
* What Does the Church Really Teach about Divorce?
* What is an Annulment?
* Dealing with the Ex-Spouse
* Helping Children Cope
* The Healing Begins
* Our Own Self-Worth
* The Value of Suffering
* Letting Go / Working on Forgiveness
* Dating and Intimacy as a Divorced Catholic
* Gratitude and Hope for the Future