At this time, weekend Masses are in the church and tent (see schedule below). All the Sunday morning Masses are live-streamed and recorded on the parish YouTube channel, www.youtube.com/user/StsSimonandJude.
Daily Masses are Monday through Saturday at 8:15 a.m., in the church. All the daily Masses are live-streamed and recorded on the parish YouTube channel, www.youtube.com/user/StsSimonandJude or by going to the parish website, www.ssj.org , and clicking on the YouTube logo on the bottom right area of the home page.
WEEKEND MASS SCHEDULE
Saturday - 4:00 p.m. in the church and tent
Sunday - 8:00 a.m. in the tent only
Sunday - 9:30 a.m. in the church and tent
Sunday - 11:15 a.m. in the tent only
Sunday - 5:00 p.m. in the church only
DAILY MASS SCHEDULE
Monday - Saturday 8:15 a.m. in the church only
* Mass is scheduled outside because the current legal limits on church attendance have been established for inside parish buildings. There is no limit on attendance when people socially distance outside.
* The Sunday morning Masses are live-streamed and recorded on the parish YouTube channel for those who decide not to attend Mass in the field. Click here to view the live-streamed Mass and recorded Masses.
* The parish bulletin will also function as a worship aid. Please pick up a bulletin when entering the church / tent or download and print the section of the bulletin dedicated for the weekend Mass when you receive it Friday afternoon.
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES FOR ALL WHO WISH TO ATTEND OUTDOOR MASSES
BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME
DRESS for COMFORT and SAFETY, which includes:
* A MASK for every adult and child of 2 years and older to ensure the safety of all;
* CLOTHING for OUTDOORS, which can be very windy at times;
* APPROPRIATE FOOTWEAR to walk in the grass, which can be patchy and uneven in areas..
* BRING A CHAIR or BLANKET for seating, since no seating will be provided, due to restrictions required for sanitizing furniture after public use.
* Some may feel the need to bring water bottles, which is welcome.
* IN SHORT, PLAN AS IF YOU ARE GOING TO A PARK!
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
* PARKING LOT ENTRANCES and PARKING WILL BE AS USUAL, however disabled parking will be the spaces closest to the main entrance to the field, indicated on the map above.
* BE SURE TO RECEIVE A BULLETIN/WORSHIP AID as you enter to assist your participation during Mass and please take this home afterwards or dispose of properly, since they cannot be re-used at other Masses.
* DESIGNATED RECEPTACLES WILL BE PROVIDED AT THE MAIN ENRTY POINTS for your ENVELOPES or CASH DONATIONS. We ask that you deposit your gifts when you enter or depart, since there will be no collection taken during the Mass. WE GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR
* CURRENT LEGAL GUIDELINES REQUIRE THAT ALL THOSE ATTENDING DISTANCE THEMSELVES AT LEAST SIX FEET APART.
* HOLY COMMUNION will be distributed at the normal time during Mass by ministers wearing masks.
* The safest way to receive Holy Communion during the pandemic is to allow a minister to place the host on your hand, avoiding any contact. Please be prepared to receive communion in this way.
CONFESSIONS Are Held on Saturday Mornings After the 8:15 a.m. Mass
Until we are able to properly sanitize the church, CONFESSIONS WILL BE HELD OUTSIDE IN MONDOR PLAZA. Please form a line in the plaza with six feet between each person. We ask all who come to please wear a mask.
Rite of Reconciliation (outside on Mondor Plaza)
Every Saturday after the 8:15 a.m. Mass.
Holy Days of Obligation
8:15 a.m. & 6:00 p.m. (No Vigil Mass)
8:15 a.m. except 9:00 a.m. on Thanksgiving and New Year's Day
Anointing of the Sick
Twice each year the Anointing of the Sick is celebrated during a weekend liturgy.
All funeral Masses or services will be held at Sts. Simon & Jude unless otherwise noted below. Click here to get directions to Sts. Simon & Jude.
Photography by Cathy LaFever