At this time, weekend Masses are in the field. All the Sunday Masses are live-streamed and recorded on the parish YouTube channel, www.youtube.com/user/StsSimonandJude.
Daily Masses are Monday through Saturday at 8:15 a.m., however only the presider is allowed in the church. If you bring your lawn chairs, we'll have speakers set up outside the front doors near the plaza. It you feel safer in your cars, please stay in them. At the end of Mass if you turn on your flashers, we'll bring the Body of Christ to you. And as always, you'll be able to live-stream the liturgy on the parish YouTube channel, at www.youtube.com/user/StsSimonandJude or by going to the parish website, www.ssj.org , and clicking on the YouTube logo on the bottom right area of the home page.. .
OUTDOOR MASS SCHEDULE
SATURDAY 4:00 p.m
SUNDAY 8:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m, and 11:15 a.m.
There will be no outdoor Mass scheduled at 5:00 p.m. Sunday because of the excessive wind we normally have in the late afternoon, the time required to tear down and store the outdoor equipment and because we also want to be good neighbors to those who live around the field and limit the sound generated by weekend Masses as much as possible.
* Mass is scheduled outside because the current legal limits on church attendance (100 or 25% of building capacity) have been established for inside parish buildings. There is no limit on attendance when people socially distance outside.
* The Sunday Masses are live-streamed and recorded on the parish YouTube channel for those who decide not to attend Mass in the field. Click here to view the live-streamed Mass and recorded Masses.
* The parish bulletin will also function as a worship aid. Please pick up a bulletin when entering the field or download and print the section of the bulletin dedicated for the weekend Mass when you receive it Friday afternoon.
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES FOR ALL WHO WISH TO ATTEND OUTDOOR MASSES
BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME
DRESS for COMFORT and SAFETY, which includes:
* A MASK for every adult and child of 5 years and older to ensure the safety of all;
* CLOTHING for OUTDOORS, which can be very windy at times;
* APPROPRIATE FOOTWEAR to walk in the grass, which can be patchy and uneven in areas.
* BRING SUN PROTECTION, including sunscreen, hat, secure umbrella or easy-up that can withstand the strong winds. Keep in mind that umbrellas and easy-ups may impede the view of others so please sit towards the back or sidelines if using these items.
* BRING A CHAIR or BLANKET for seating, since no seating will be provided, due to restrictions required for sanitizing furniture after public use.
* Some may feel the need to bring water bottles, which is welcome.
* IN SHORT, PLAN AS IF YOU ARE GOING TO A PARK!
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
* PARKING LOT ENTRANCES and PARKING WILL BE AS USUAL, however disabled parking will be the spaces closest to the main entrance to the field, indicated on the map above.
* PLEASE NOTE the NO PARKING and NO SEATING AREAS ON THE MAP. We will be using the picnic table areas for communion distribution and because we cannot permit seating in this area, due to sanitization required afterwards.
* BE SURE TO RECEIVE A BULLETIN/WORSHIP AID as you enter to assist your participation during Mass and please take this home afterwards or dispose of properly, since they cannot be re-used at other Masses.
* DESIGNATED RECEPTACLES WILL BE PROVIDED AT THE MAIN ENRTY POINTS for your ENVELOPES or CASH DONATIONS. We ask that you deposit your gifts when you enter or depart, since there will be no collection taken during the Mass. WE GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR
* CURRENT LEGAL GUIDELINES REQUIRE THAT ALL THOSE ATTENDING DISTANCE THEMSELVES AT LEAST SIX FEET APART.
* HOLY COMMUNION will be distributed at the normal time during Mass by ministers wearing masks at six stations: three in front of the picnic tables and three in front of the playground. Entrance to these stations will flow in one direction, as indicated on the map above. Please cooperate with our hospitality ministers.
* The safest way to receive Holy Communion during the pandemic is to allow a minister to place the host on your hand, avoiding any contact. Please be prepared to receive communion in this way.
* We strongly discourage people from showing up at the end of Mass to receive Holy Communion, since this does not honor the integrity of the entire liturgy.
* One weekend a month, special instructions will be provided at the end of our 8am Live-Stream Mass for those at home who wish to come to the parish afterwards to receive Holy Communion. We will provide this ministry on Sunday, June 14. Please await instructions after the 8am Mass on that day.
AS YOU DEPART
* We sincerely thank you for making the extra effort and enduring any hardship to join your faith community for public worship! We are SO looking forward to seeing you!
* We understand that many will want to take advantage of the remaining weeks to visit with the friars before they depart. They plan on attending EVERY REMAINING WEEKEND MASS through June. Please be mindful of socially distancing to ensure everyone's safety.
* No weekday Masses nor any Masses inside the church are planned at this time.
Those who are vulnerable because of advanced age or pre-existing health conditions will be encouraged to remain at home to continue participating in Live-Streamed Masses. One weekend per month, instructions will be given at the end of Mass for those who, after participating in the Live-Stream Mass at home, would like to come to the parish to receive communion. The designated day for June is Sunday, June 14. Please await instructions at the conclusion of the Mass.
CONFESSIONS Are Held on Saturday Mornings After the 8:15 a.m. Mass
Until we are able to properly sanitize the church, CONFESSIONS WILL BE HELD OUTSIDE IN MONDOR PLAZA. Please form a line in the plaza with six feet between each person. We ask all who come to please wear a mask.
Weekend Mass Schedule (in the field)
Saturday Vigil - 4:00 p.m.
Sunday - 8:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m., & 11:15 a.m. No 5:00 p.m. Mass
Weekday and Saturday Mass Schedule (in the church)
Monday through Saturday at 8:15 a.m.
Rite of Reconciliation (outside on Mondor Plaza)
Every Saturday after the 8:15 a.m. Mass.
Holy Days of Obligation
8:15 a.m. & 6:00 p.m. (No Vigil Mass)
8:15 a.m. except 9:30 a.m. on Thanksgiving and New Year's Day
Anointing of the Sick
Twice each year the Anointing of the Sick is celebrated during a weekend liturgy.
All funeral Masses or services will be held at Sts. Simon & Jude unless otherwise noted below. Click here to get directions to Sts. Simon & Jude.
Susana Carmen Demarsico
* Monday, August 10, at 11:00 a.m. on the Franciscan Room Patio
Photography by Cathy LaFever